How it works?
When you enter your details, they are sent straight to our partners at National Accident Helpline (a brand of National Accident Law, a firm of personal injury solicitors regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority). One of their expert legal service advisers will call you as soon as possible to talk over your claim. There is no obligation to use their services, so don't worry if you change your mind. If National Accident Law feel you have a case, they will pass you on to their expert solicitors. We will receive a marketing fee from National Accident Law for our services.

*Should you decide to go ahead with your claim, you will only be charged if your case is successful. Your solicitor's success fee will be taken from the compensation you are awarded, up to a maximum of 25%. Your solicitor will go over any fees you may be charged before starting your case.

Claims involving Uninsured or Untraced Drivers

If you've suffered an injury, or had property of yours damaged thanks to the negligence of an uninsured driver, you may be surprised to hear it is still possible to make a claim for compensation. This also applies should you not know the identity of the diver responsible, as is often the case in 'hit and run' incidents.

Even a fairly minor road accident can result in injuries which can cause major disruption to your life, so if you've been unlucky enough to suffer in this way it's only right you can seek compensation. The fact the other driver was irresponsible enough to be driving without insurance, or callous enough to just keep on driving after the accident, shouldn't stand in the way of justice being served. Fortunately, the powers that be agree with this conclusion, and implemented the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) in 1946, to ensure recompense is awarded to entitled drivers. The MIB is a government appointed, yet independent, agency funded via payments sourced from every UK insurance company.

Call now on 0800 234 6438 or Claim Online

Cases dealt with by MIB vary slightly from those handled by the courts or an insurance company, in that there tends to be fairly rigid parameters around the amount of compensation a claimant is likely to receive. Whilst cases like this can be fought on a no win no fee basis, there is a chance some of any compensation awarded might have to be used to cover legal fees. When you consider this alongside the fact the MIB has an excess figure of £350, it's clear that cases not involving personal injury, or damage equating less than £1000, probably aren't worth pursuing with the aid of a solicitor. An injury lawyer will give you a totally honest appraisal, and will only persue your case if they genuinely feel doing so is in your own best interests.

Whilst the technicalities of cases involving uninsured or untraced drivers may differ slightly from those of other cases, the basic principles are exactly the same. If you've been injured and it was your own fault, the only thing to do is pick yourself up and try and learn a lesson. If, on the other hand, another party's negligence was to blame for your suffering, you've got every right to receive compensation. Not only will such reimburse you for immediate expenses such as medical bills and travel costs, but the awarded sum will also include an amount based on the type, and severity, of your injuries. The degree to which you've suffered will also be considered.

No amount of money can truly make up for pain and suffering, but compensation can help you to put your life back on track, and might go some way towards restoring your sense of justice and fairness.

If you feel you've been injured, or suffered loss, as a result of an uninsured or untraceable driver, then call free on 0800 234 6438 today and a trained legal adviser will listen to the details of your case. They can then determine how successful your claim is likely to be. Whilst it is possible to approach the MIB yourself, putting forward a case can be a time consuming, daunting and stressful procedure. Employing the services of an experienced and knowledgeable personal injury solicitor could aid your chances of securing compensation.

Road Traffic Accident FAQs

Can I make a claim if I was a pedestrian involved in a road traffic accident?

Is there a time limit to make a claim following a traffic accident?

How can I claim in a hit and run accident?

I was injured whilst crossing the road – can I make a claim?

Can I claim after a hit and run accident?


View More Road Traffic Accident Questions


Want free advice? Enter your details and get a call back!

Disclaimer: Although this site is updated as often as possible the information provided may not accurately reflect the current laws, procedures and/or facilities available to you. To ensure that you get the most up to date information make sure you consult an actual injury solicitor before pursuing any action. The articles on this site are for informational purposes only and are not intended to advise any particular action or inaction. Please read our terms of use for more information.

Please note that although your case may be taken on a no win no fee basis, you could be liable for termination fees based on the length of time spent on your claim, or if your solicitor is forced to abandon your case because you do not fully cooperate with them by, for example, providing misleading information to them, not appearing in court when required, or not attending scheduled medical/expert examinations.

Claims4Free is a trading name of Colour Ventures Ltd. Colour Ventures Ltd is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of regulated claims management activities. Registration is recorded on the website